Friday, July 1, 2011

Free for me at HEB


Yup went back to date scan for more items. I found a bunch of stuff! They wouldn't allow the bacon though because they didn't have any more of that one in stock. They wouldn't allow a substitution. :( This time I watched the numbers on the checkout and this stuff would've been over $20! I got Wholly Guacamole, Luzianne Dirty Rice, Cafe Ole Bavarian Hazelnut coffee, Cafe Ole Cinnamon Hazelnut coffee, HEB Breakfast Blend coffee, Central Market Organics Free Range Chicken Broth, and Central Market Organics Lightly Salted Popcorn. Wow! I'm definitely gonna do even more shopping at HEB.



On one hand this totally squicks me out because look at all the expired products on the shelves. The coffee was from last July. Ew. While I know some products are still good past their expiration date, shouldn't they be watching closer? It was all.over.the.store. I worked in grocery for 2 years and this would've been considered unacceptable in 1993! 



On the other hand I'm tired of reading on the bulletin boards how store managers are getting sick of customers abusing the policy. Um, get the out of date products off the shelves before someone gets sick, have your stockers do their job instead of your customers, and then we'll talk. I found all this in 1 hour with a 4yo while also looking for items I was paying for. Get it together instead of accusing your customers of abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment