Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jack In The Box and Wal-Mart


Today I had to head to Wal-Mart to pick up Mr. Newbie's prescription.  I knew there were a few good deals to be had with printable coupons, and I knew I had printed them, so I ended up spending most of the afternoon clipping and sorting my printables.  I'm glad I did.  The house we moved into has a huge back yard and lots of trees, so I've been wanting a bird feeder.  I remembered I had printed two $2 off Scott's wild bird feed coupon and it was less than $2 at Wal-Mart.  I almost didn't see them and got the bell shaped ones that were $2.14 each, which still wouldn't have been bad at all, considering I still had to buy a bird feeder.  As it was, the bird feed cost $1.44 and $1.48 giving me $1.08 overage to go towards the $1.97 for the feeder (costing me $0.87 in the end after overage for the Wholly Guacamole).  The Guac was $3.98 and I used a $4.00 off printable making it a $0.02 money maker also.  I was out of meat that I had gotten from Baywood Foods last week and I still don't have a meat stockpile, so I had to get us something.  I opted for some marked down beer brats for something easy.

Here's my totals:
Suet $1.44, used $2.00 printable, $0.56 money maker
Suet $1.48, used $2.00 printable, $0.52 money maker
Wholly Guacamole $3.98, used $4.00 printable, $0.02 money maker
Suet Feeder $1.97
Beer Brats $2.79
Prescription $10.00

WIC:
Sara Lee bread $1.97 (used last $0.55 off coupon to go toward my out of pocket total, but looks like it mde the WIC OOP lower)
Great Value 2% Milk $2.54

Total: $26.17
WIC Total: $3.96
Coupons: $8.55
OOP: $13.66
Not too bad for a $10 prescription being involved!  I'm so glad we stopped at Jack In The Box for our 2 free tacos before we went.  I was so hungry I probably would've bought out the entire store!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment