Thursday, November 18, 2010

Baywood Foods - another 5 for $20 deal


We went through all the meat from last week's Baywood Foods shopping trip.  I still don't have a meat stockpile, so I'm having to buy week-to-week.  The local Kroger doesn't have that super great deals on their reduced-for-quick-sale items, so I'm doing this instead.  Again, I figure the meat alone would've been $31.25 this time, but I got it all for $19.99.  One thing I'm disappointed with is how they enter this deal into their registers.  Instead of individual items, it goes in as "Pick 5 Meat" and then gets a "Pick 5 Meat Discount" of $4.96.  This ensures I won't be able to use any coupons to make this deal better.  :(  This store also doubles coupons up to $0.50, so I know I could've at least saved another dollar on the Tennessee Pride sausage biscuits.  At least I get a discount in general.
  • Tennessee Pride Biscuits $5.50
  • Flat Iron Steaks $5.05
  • Shoulder Steaks $5.68
  • Assorted Pork Chops $4.91
  • Sirloin Pork Chops $5.09
Paid $19.99 for above items instead of the prices listed due to the deal.
  • Shake N Bake Parmesan $2.39
  • Parade Seasoned Bread Crumbs $1.18
  • 5 pound bag of white potatoes $1.48
  • Yams $.34
  • Soft & Silky Paper Towels $0.68
  • Soft & Silky Bath Tissue $0.98
I thought the TP was marked  $0.88, but PreK Newbie was acting up really, really badly in the line so not only did I not get to watch the register, but I didn't get a chance to debate the dime.  I'll deal with it.

I'm not too super concerned with the high out of pocket expense because of how much meat I bought.  I see it as having saved $11.23 on those meals and basically got each item for $3.99 each.  This is why I'm sure to pick the highest costing meat with the "Buy 5" labels on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment