Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Working on getting back to "normal"

Ok, well I'm in my own place again.  I love my Newbie In-Laws, but nothing beats being in your own home with rules you make up on your own.  While we're not in Phoenix, we are still in Houston... in the suburbs... IN A RENTED HOUSE!!!!   SQUEEEEE!!!!!  Honestly, this is the first time in my life I haven't lived in a multi family house (other than staying with friends or family), so it's an entirely new experience to me.  So far, I'm liking it.  It might not be the same once I get my first gas or water bill ever.  LOL

Well, as I said before, I hadn't clipped any coupon inserts since July.  I'm so far behind.  I haven't done much saving, but I haven't done much buying either (save for stuff like the used refridgerator I got off of Craig's List for $175, the used 12x's lawnmower I also got off of Craig's List for $50 and finally the used vacuum worth $300 that I also got off of Craig's List for $25). 

I've been spending the last week making my house a home, getting rid of boxes, home schooling my Pre-K'er, and catching up on my blog reading.  I decided to delete anything older than a week since those deals would probably be over anyway, but it still took me a full week to get caught up!  Then, I decided to go back to clipping my q's.  Part of my not saving money was because with them not clipped and sorted I tend to not write lists and use the q's.  It's a total pain in the butt, but I'm working toward getting it all cut and sorted.  Here's me on day #1:


I went through my entire August sets of inserts and this was all that was left that hadn't expired.  Ouch.  All that money that I could've saved gone.  Forever.  Overspent.  This makes me sad.

I still have September and October to go through.  I'll probably have to take September 2 weeks at a time and October 1 week at a time. 

It's coming along, maybe not as quickly as I'd like, but it's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment