Saturday, September 18, 2010

Set but not settled

Hello fans!  It's been a while.  I've missed you ;(

Thought I'd update.  This is more a life update than a savings update, because for right now they're one in the same for me. 

At the end of August we moved in with my in-laws so that we could save money to rent a house.  We found a great one right down the street from them, put a deposit down, and now we have to save money for deposits on utilities that we've never had before.  I need roughly another $1,000 before we can move in, and that's not including cost for a truck rental/gas. 

Mr. Newbie has a new position at his same company.  The pay is different.  He gets hourly now instead of a daily rate.  Well, before his average "hourly" turned out to be close to $9 an hour.  His new ends up being more per hour, which is awesome!  He'll work slightly less hours, but because it's hourly instead of daily he'll make a little more money.  Now, here's to hoping he gets OT pay.  For his job it would be totally legal for him to not make OT.  Sucks, but it's true.  Still, it's better than being jobless... but not as good as the moving to Arizona deal would've been for us.

Now that Nana Newbie and I have gotten into the swing of living under the same roof (I honestly do love my in laws and couldn't be happier to have them!) it's time to catch up in coupon clipping and saving money!  I'm so excited!  I'm going to help Nana Newbie get her binder together and I'm going to be a clipping fool for the next week.  I have 78 inserts (not including the ones coming up for this week) that are just sitting there doing nothing and not saving me any money.  Guess the filing method doesn't work at all for me. 

Time to get cutting!

No comments:

Post a Comment