Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Walgreens trip 2/18/10 - spent $14.26, Saved $26.18

I didn't take a picture of this trip because this was the day Mr. Newbie had come home hurt. I wanted to take a quick trip to Walgreens because we really didn't have any pain killers in the house and I wanted to make him as comfortable as possible. Of course, since I couldn't plan this one out as much as I normally do, I just grabbed my huge coupon binder and left. I knew the Walgreens ibuprofen was on sale buy-1-get-1, so I had planned to purchase that already. I wanted to get him something that would reduce the swelling. I also had a $4.00 register reward to use which I knew would lower my out of pocket expenses, so I wasn't too worried.

Walgreeens capsc patch 3 count $1.99 sale
Doans pills $4.99 sale, had a free item coupon, paid $0.00
Walgreens ibuprofen $6.99 for 2 on a buy 1 get 1 free sale
Icy Hot rub $4.29, used a $1.00 off coupon (made it the same price as the Walgreens brand)

Cost before coupons and sales: $40.44
After coupons and sales: $14.26
Total saved: $26.18

I can't imagine what I would've done if I had to pay for all this without the coupons and discounts. Actually, I can. I probably would've only bought the patches and ibuprofen.

No comments:

Post a Comment