Tuesday, March 2, 2010

HEB trip 2/20/2010 - saved 39% - 93.08 before coupons, $50.66 after

Ok, here's the dealio guys, I'm way behind. Like I said before, Mr. Newbie hurt himself at work and has been home all week on work comp. Although we need the money, it's been awesome having him here at home with us instead of working 10-14 hour days. I've been taking advantage of this by us spending time as a family. We've been cuddling on the couch watching TV or running back and forth to take him to the doc since he couldn't drive last weekend. Sorry, but family takes precedence over my blog (besides, my LJ, Facebook and Twitter can all be updated by text message while this blog can't).

Still, I had to do some grocery shopping - alone! He's been staying home with the kidlet while I ran around. Yes, I've been running around during the day and it feels great! So great that I'm going to continue doing so.... since he finally bought his "Dave Ramsey" car this week too! :)

On to the deal I did at HEB. I don't normally shop at HEB. I did before I used coupons because I always forgot to bring them with me and they have the yellow tags in store. Once I discovered how much I could save, I ditched HEB in favor of Kroger since I save so much more there - not to mention the $0.10 credit per gallon of gas I get to save just for scanning my Kroger loyalty card and spending $100 before coupons and discounts. I decided I wanted to do the HEB meal deal. If you buy 2 pounds of either catfish or tilapia you got a number of items free. I also wanted to get Mr. Newbie some Pop-Tarts and they had a decent deal there. Oh, and the biggest reason I wanted to go was the Butterball Turkey Bacon on sale for $1.00 each and I had $0.75 off coupons, so $0.25 turkey bacon! Here's the picture:

HEB 2/20/09



HEB is great on having in-store coupons and buy x get y free sales. Thing is, the in-store coupons are manufacturer coupons and can't be combined with other paper coupons. It's not a bad haul, just not the greatest. The bagger wasn't the greatest either. I finally got my free cooler bag and he put all the produce in there, leaving the meat in regular bags. In Houston. On a warm night. Geez.

Here's the breakdown:

2 Eight O'Clock Coffees, $3.58 each = $7.16, used a $2.00 off when you buy 2 coupon, paid $5.16
Sliced white mushrooms $1.99
Yellow Onions $1.29 but got it free after purchasing the mushrooms
9 Pop-Tarts $1.00 each, used $1.00 off when you buy 3 coupon, paid $6.00
3 Butterball Thin & Crispy Bacon $1.00 each = $3.00, used $0.75 off each coupon, paid $0.75 for all three
1 Cantaloupe $1.00
1 Cucumber $0.69
1 Bell pepper $0.77
3 Kraft grated Parmesan cheeses, $3.77 each = $11.31, used $1.00 off each coupon, paid $8.31
3 HEB Italian Meatballs $2.50 each = $7.50, used 3 "buy Kraft Parmesan cheese, get meatballs free" coupon, paid $0.00
2 Pounds Tilapia $16.74
Got these items free for buying the Tilapia:
Diet Big Red (would've been $1.49)
Hill County Fare Shrimp & Oyster Fry (would've been $1.48)
Fresh Express 3-Color Deli Coleslaw (would've been $1.50)
HEB White Cheddar Mac & Cheese (would've been $0,50)
Hill County Fare Charro Beans (would've been $0.69)
Pampa 100% Vegetable Oil 17oz (would've been (1.00)
3-Sunday Newspapers


Costs before sales: $93.08
Cost after sales & coupons: $50.66
Saved: $42.42 - 39%

No comments:

Post a Comment