Thursday, June 30, 2011

Today at Walgreens

2 Tylenol Precise, 8 cans of Friskies cat food, total $2.71 out of pocket. Saved $20.27.

I used 2- $5 off Tylenol Precise coupons from here and one $3 off Tylenol Precise coupon from the Walgreen's July coupon book in store to get they Tylenol Precise for $0.49 each.  

The Friskies were on sale 2 cans for $1.09 which isn't a great price in general, but the coupon expires today and I have cats that can use this food.  I used 4 buy 1 get 1 free coupon from the 3/27 Smart Source to get them 2 for $0.50 or $0.25 each.

You do have to watch when they scan your coupons.  My checker was convinced I had only given him 1 of the Tylenol Precise printables.  It was partly my fault for not having them separated them adequately, but I did ask him a number of times if he had scanned both of them.  I think he misunderstood and thought I meant the one manufacturer and one Walgreens coupon.  My total was over $7, so I knew something wasn't right.  We took another quick look at the receipt and sure enough only 1 $5 coupon had been scanned.  My checker was convinced I only had one, but he looked closer and found the other.  Whew!  So nice to see the numbers once it had been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment