Tuesday, June 15, 2010

If you don't ask, you won't receive

Everything is negotiable...everything! That's the last lesson we had at our Financial Peace University class. Haggle down and make sure it's a win/win for both parties.
I used that knowledge today. I went to Kroger and as always looked at the "reduced for quick sale" meat. There were a bunch of Jennie-O Ground Turkey chubs marked down to $0.99! Now, that's a great price to begin with, but like I said there were a lot. I talked with someone in the meat department and asked that if I bought 10, could I get a better deal? After all, the date on them is 6/17 and if they don't sell they'll have to be discarded by the 18th.
He went back to the counter, looked up the price Kroger paid for them, and came back with 10 stickers that said $0.75 each! I just paid $7.50 instead of $9.90 (or even about $23.00 if you want to go for a roundabout of the original price) for 10 pounds of ground turkey! So completely awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment