Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just re-tried Walgreens for the Huggies Little Movers Slip-On diapers

Just got back home from re trying the deal from the Krazy Coupon Lady.  Two stores are quite different!  I called them both first, again because I really can't stand for long periods of time due to the pregnancy.  Here's what happened:

La Marque, TX:
I was told that they called Kimberly-Clark (the maker of Huggies) and KC supposedly claims that their Little Movers Slip-On are a Pull-Up, therefore does not qualify for reimbursement if the coupon for Little Movers is used on the Slip-On style.  I had to ask them a few times about this because the packaging clearly states "diaper."  Wouldn't this be false advertising on KC's part?  Also why keep Pull-Ups around if the Little Movers Slip-On are pull-ups and not diapers, in their opinion?  The only, and I do mean only, reason I even stopped at this Walgreens was because the manager told me he would be willing to put the IVC code from the Infant Care Booklet for a further discount.  Sorry, but $0.50 off is NOT the same as $2.00 off.  I'll try another store.

Texas City, TX:
Spoke with the manager, Angela, before I went in.  She was at least willing to attempt to scan the coupon to see if it would match up.  Guess what?  It did.  Not only did the $2.00 off Little Movers work for the Slip-On style, but also the $1.50 off *any* Huggies diapers coupon worked.  Unfortunately, she wasn't willing to type in the IVC code from the Infant Care Booklet.  I purchased my diapers there anyway.  I'd much rather get $10.50 off  from manufacturer coupons than $3.00 off from the Infant Care Booklet and $12.00 off from the February Coupon Book.  Of course, $25.50 off would've been ideal, but I'll take $22.50 if I have to ;)  

I paid out of pocket $34.03 with a total savings of $40.50.  Instead of $11.99 per pack, I paid $4.99 for 3 packs and $5.49 for 3 packs.  

I'm still waiting to hear from Kimberly-Clark's Facebook page.  The customer service rep wasn't much help, so I'm hoping someone monitoring their Facebook page will actually do research instead of supposing what's true and what isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment